Is it recommended? Ummm No. ... But he/she does it?
So let's think about chlorine. Basically it is like diluted bleach to keep the water sanitized. It works well and is very drying if you swim consistently.
Couple that with skin that you just did a peel on? Well... you can see that it may get too irritated and it will definitely get drier.
We do have people that swim regularly without issue. So if you MUST swim... we suggest the following:
- Try not to swim within a few days of applying that peel. Depending on the layers applied, it can cause sensitivity. Redness, irritation.
- Apply LOTS of a protectant prior to getting in that pool. Think protectants like emu oil or aquaphor or both!
- Do not swim for long periods.
- Wash after swimming and apply your healing products again (emu oil or Essentials Healing Blend and aquaphor) to protect the skin.
- Any excess irritation or redness would warrant avoiding the pool until that goes away. Not everyone can get away with this.
Our best suggestion is you can test this out and see how it works. If you are irritated at all - then stop there instead of going another time.