It seems as though the First Thought on people's minds if there is an issue with a delivery, damaged package, lost package ... not liking a Company Policy that explicitly states something is not an option or not refundable ... is to "do a chargeback".
I am here to tell you that is not the way to handle things.
When a package does not arrive, arrives damaged, or is stolen from your porch ... you need to reach out to us! We have full coverage insurance on all packages that leave our establishment.
That means - let us know - we file a claim - they process it, and we can send a replacement to you. Simple! ... and takes only a couple of days. *Back during covid this was a more prolonged process ... because many packages would be delivered after weeks. They did not process claims when a package was just late. That is long over now and most will be settled and on the way to you in less than 5 days.
If you have read and agreed to a store's policy - don't expect them to change it because you decided it isn't best for you. There are always real reasons behind policies. #1 is safety, but there are others.
Example - Our policy is that we do not accept returns on Certified Chemical Peels. It is not safe. We can not guarantee that the product we shipped out to you was not tampered with.
*Sure You are a good, honest person - but the "other guy" that returned that peel we just sold to you .... they might not have been. Maybe they altered the peel solution and repackaged it up - anxiously anticipating the harm that is going to come to the Unlucky recipient who uses it! ..... If we blindly send it out because "it looks perfect and untouched" ... That is when things like this happen.
This is not a risk we are willing to take and there is a policy in hand that states this very very clearly. Simply Refuse the Unopened shipping package and you can be refunded. If you have opened it - we are so sorry - but we can not take it back.
*We suggest in circumstances like this that you:
- Just use the peel you purchased. There are plenty that alternate strong/mild peels.
- Dilute the % if you accidentally ordered one too strong. We have directions to do this.
- Sell it to a friend.
- Worst case - throw it away. ... though, there is never a reason for this. :) You did Choose it in the first place - right?
A chargeback is harmful to a company's business. That may sound good to you now. But in the long run, it will affect you as prices increase to cover the % hikes and fines that a business gets due to needless chargebacks. Even if we win - we lose ... and that means you do to. Every company will end up raising prices or rates when they get unreasonable chargebacks. The losses have to be covered somehow.
So frustrating on Our end - because we lose everything.
We lose the products.
We lose the money.
We lose the time spent rebutting (30+ minutes).
We also have to pay fees.
We get higher % rates from our credit card company.
.... When all we needed, was to get a call or email from you to start the replacement process.
Or, most honest and best case, just have our policy Respected for the Reasons it is in place.
This is why - when you file a chargeback against us - you will be banned from our store. You will no longer be able to purchase our products and Certified Chemical Peels. We apologize, but we can't welcome customers that are not willing to:
- Read and Respect our Policies. They are not hidden. They are on the site and on the checkout page of which You Must Select that you read them. They are short and bulleted so you see what is important. *See a copy of the policy on checkout page at the bottom.
- Refuse to reach out to garner help from us first, and give us time or the means to find a solution. Always email us or call us (in a respectable tone please - not yelling and calling us names... yes, this happens) and let's see if we can help you, or come to an agreement of some sort.
- Have reasonable expectations. If you are coming to us months after getting a product, or you dropped it, a friend took it, you mixed it and now it's growing something. ... You just decided you don't want it after 3 months, and want a refund (past our return policy), ... or want us to pay to reship an order that was returned because of your incorrect address entry ... Your order was late, and so you want a refund, or shipping cost refund (delivery times are never guaranteed per carriers) ... so many reasons we have seen/heard because ... "the customer is always right" ... These types of things are not Platinum Skin Care's interests, or fault ... Do not expect us to take care of it with a refund or replacement - that is not reasonable.
We need mutual respect in order to work together. We always try our hardest to give you the best products, in the speediest manner, with a smile on our faces. We will always go out of our way to help you if we can. If this isn't something that we can do together, sometimes it is just best if we part ways.
***NOW ... there is always a case where your card was stolen and you just did a chargeback on every charge on your card. You didn't mean to include us - we understand things like that happen. If you are banned, and it was an accident on your part, or you realized that you want to make things right with us - you can pay a fee to have your account reinstated. Just reach out and we will work with you. :)
-------------- Copy of Checkout Policy Verbiage you are agreeing to at checkout --------------
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: There are ONLY FIVE here. Please Read as you are agreeing to our policies *which may affect you/your order in the future. More details are below bullets.
1. All Packages are Insured. Reach out if damaged or lost. NO chargebacks.
2. Delivery dates are only estimated - not guaranteed.
3. Some products are Final Sale ... read below.
4. Is your address correct? - We are not responsible for your mistakes.
5. Customs Fees/Global delivery.
1. EVERY ORDER IS INSURED *EXCLUDING non-sanctioned addresses.
- CONTACT US WITHIN 90 DAYS if you have a lost, damaged or stolen package to get a replacement or refund. You will sign a claim agreement that will be emailed to you. :)
- Porch Piracy please file within 20 days of delivery.
- DO NOT FILE A CHARGEBACK as your first response! You will be charged a Fee and will have your account Closed if so.
2. DELIVERY DATES are Estimates and NOT "guaranteed by" dates. Weather/Carrier Strikes/Pandemic Delays/etc... cannot be controlled and are exclusions to those estimates.
3. AVOID RETURNS: Request returns by logging into your account and selecting your order.
- FINAL SALE: Certified Peels, Dream Peel, Custom Potions, Copper and trial sizes.
- You will have 30 days from the receipt of your package to request a return number.
- Returns have a 15% restocking fee. *This fee can be waived with Store Credit option.
- Returns are product only. Any carrier fees are non-refundable.
- UNDELIVERABLE/RETURNED packages will have the product only refunded - shipping. Product must arrive back to us to be refunded. If it is lost - then file an insurance claim within 90 days for a replacement/refund.
- Purchase a TRIAL SIZE for testing to avoid returns.
- We are not responsible for incorrect address entries. If a package is returned to us (RTS), due to an incorrect zip/address/forgotten apt number/etc... , it will be REFUNDED. You will be responsible for placing a NEW order and paying shipping a second time.
- There will be no shipping/carrier fee refunds for returned packages.
- We can ship to virtually any address in the world. We are NOT responsible for knowing each individual country's import regulations. If you are unsure if a product can be delivered to you - please check COSMETIC IMPORTS FROM USA Prior to ordering.
5. CUSTOM FEES: We have NO CONTROL over import fees/customs fees that may arise if you are purchasing from outside the United States. Use the Zonos Flag at the bottom of every page to Estimate Duty Fees upon Delivery.
Asendia is usually a Mail/Post Box final delivery. They will require full payment of customs fees PRIOR to delivery.
UPS and Fedex will generally charge you after, or will email you and allow you to pay by CC prior to delivery.
6. CHEMICAL PEEL AND PRODUCT UNDERSTANDING:
Agreement: I understand and acknowledge that I am under no obligation to follow any recommendations made by the seller. I understand the seller does not treat illness and any information received is intended to help me make an informed decision. I assume the risk of any adverse affects or consequences resulting from the use or misuse of any of the suggestions, preparations, or procedures. I hereby release, hold harmless, and discharge the seller, and all of its officers, employees, agents and suppliers from all claims of damages, demands, or actions whatsoever in any manner arising from or growing out of my participation.
MISUSE of these, or any, products improperly used could cause injury or burns! Always follow all precautions and prepping recommendations for your skin type/coloring/sensitivity. If you are experiencing any irritation DO NOT CONTINUE USE.
Do not extend peeling times or alter formulations in any way. Used as directed, our peels and products are safe and effective. By using this product you agree that Platinum Skin Care, Platinum Skin Care Inc, platinumskincare.com, JenniferBethany LLC, Platinum Marketing and Advertising INC, and any shareholders or officers assume no responsibility for misuse of chemical peels or for any other consequences or injuries as a result of using any of our products.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS : Even though we are exempt per CA Health and safety code, section 25249.11(B) we have chosen to provide you with the standard California proposition 65 warnings. Trichloroacetic acid II.A.2. HUMAN CARCINOGENICITY DATA None. There are no epidemiological studies of TCA carcinogenicity in humans. Read entire profile on .Gov website. There are no studies of TCA in humans. In animals, the scope of carcinogenicity testing has been limited. The only lifetime studies (104 weeks) are of TCA administered in drinking water to male F344/N rats and to male B6C3F1 mice. TCA did not induce tumors at any site in male rats (DeAngelo et al., 1997), but in mice TCA induced a statistically significant increase in hepatocellular adenomas and carcinomas at the high dose (0.5 g/L in drinking water) (DeAngelo et al., 2008). Thank you.
We are here every day M-F from 9-4:30 Eastern (*pending holidays) to answer your call.
1-800-917-3155. You may also reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
-------------- Copy of Checkout Policy Verbiage you are agreeing to at checkout --------------